SpamSieve (box): £19.99
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Mac OS X 10.8
- 233MHz G3
- 16MB HDD
- 128MB RAM
Powerful Bayesian spam filtering for your Mac e-mail client
What Is SpamSieve?
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox by bringing powerful Bayesian spam filtering to Mac e-mail clients. It's quick and easy to control SpamSieve from within your mail client, and you can customize how it interacts with the rest of your message sorting rules. Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as it adapts to your mail. By learning from the very messages that you receive, SpamSieve is able to block nearly all of your junk mail, without putting your good messages in the spam mailbox.
- Powerful Bayesian spam filtering results in high accuracy and almost no false positives. It adapts to the mail that you receive to get even better with time. Some other e-mail clients include Bayesian filters, but SpamSieve is more accurate.
- Integrates with your e-mail client for a superior user experience. Plus, you get the same great filtering if you ever switch e-mail clients or use more than one at a time.
- Integrates with the Mac OS X Address Book (and also Eudora's and Entourage's address books) so that messages from friends and colleagues are never marked as spam.
- Automatically maintains a blocklist so that it can instantly adapt to spam messages sent from particular addresses, and catch 100% of them.
- Automatically maintains a whitelist to guarantee that messages from particular senders or mailing lists are never marked as spam, without cluttering your address book with these addresses.
- You can customize the whitelist and blocklist, adding sophisticated rules that match various message headers, or the message body. The rules can match text in a variety of ways, including using regular expressions.
- Can use the Habeas Safelist, which indicates messages that are not spam, as well as the “ADV” subject tag indicating that a message is spam.
- Many spammers encode the contents of their messages so that filters cannot see the incriminating words they contain. SpamSieve can decode and look inside these messages. Optionally it can mark them all as spam, on the theory that legitimate senders do not try to obscure their messages.
- SpamSieve keeps track of how accurate it is, how many good and spam messages you receive, and how these numbers change over time.
- Turn off new-mail notification in your e-mail client, and let SpamSieve notify you only when you receive non-spam messages.
- The corpus window and log let you see how each spam message was caught.