Powerful Bayesian spam filtering for your Mac e-mail client
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox, using powerful Bayesian spam filtering to provide amazing accuracy that's constantly improving. Works with IMAP, Exchange, and POP mail accounts.
It's quick and easy to control SpamSieve from within Apple Mail (Mail.app), Outlook, Airmail, MailMate, GyazMail, and more.
SpamSieve learns and adapts to your mail, offering personalized filtering, so it's able to block nearly all the spam--without putting good messages in the junk mailbox.
Use SpamSieve instead of or in addition to your mail provider's junk filter to get rid of more of the spam and to rescue any good messages caught by the server filter.
Automatically maintains a allowlist to guarantee that messages from previous correspondents are never marked as spam.
Integrates with your contacts so that messages from friends and colleagues always make it through to your inbox.
Maintains a blocklist so that it can instantly stop the spam messages sent from particular addresses and catch 100% of them.
Customize the whitelist and blocklist by adding your own rules. Use a variety of criteria, e.g. regular expressions, to match different message parts.
Spammers encode and obfuscate their messages and use phishing tactics, but SpamSieve can decode the messages to discern their true nature.
SpamSieve looks inside attached images and documents to detect spammy content even when the message itself is virtually empty.
Colors show how spammy each message is, so you can quickly focus on the borderline ones if you want to check SpamSieve's work.
SpamSieve keeps track of how accurate it is, how many good and spam messages you receive, and how these numbers change over time.
SpamSieve preserves your privacy. It does not need access to your mail account login and does not transmit your mail data anywhere. All the processing is done on your Mac.
SpamSieve running on your Mac can keep the spam off your iPhone/iPad, and you can even train SpamSieve from afar.
Turn off new-mail notification in your e-mail client and let SpamSieve notify you only when you receive new non-spam messages.
There are lots of optional AppleScripts for deeper customization and integration with mail clients and services.
The log lets you see everything that SpamSieve did, and why, so that you can tweak the settings if necessary.
- Powerful Bayesian spam filtering results in high accuracy and almost no false positives. It adapts to the mail that you receive to get even better with time. Some other e-mail programs include Bayesian filters, but SpamSieve is more accurate.
- Integrates with your e-mail program for a superior user experience. Plus, you get the same great filtering if you ever switch e-mail programs or use more than one at a time.
- SpamSieve works with any mail provider/host. It filters all your mail accounts. There is no extra charge for additional addresses or devices.
- SpamSieve running on your Mac can keep the spam off your iPhone/iPad, and you can even train SpamSieve from afar.
- Colors show how spammy each message is, so you can quickly focus on the borderline ones if you want to check SpamSieve's work.
- Integrates with the macOS Contacts app so that messages from friends and colleagues are never marked as spam.
- Automatically maintains a blocklist so that it can instantly adapt to spam messages sent from particular addresses, and catch 100% of them.
- Automatically maintains an allowlist to guarantee that messages from particular senders or mailing lists are never marked as spam, without cluttering your address book with these addresses.
- You can customize the allowlist and blocklist, adding sophisticated rules that match various message headers, or the message body. The rules can match text in a variety of ways, including using regular expressions.
- Many spammers encode the contents of their messages so that filters cannot see the incriminating words they contain. SpamSieve can decode and look inside these messages. Optionally it can mark them all as spam, on the theory that legitimate senders do not try to obscure their messages.
- SpamSieve keeps track of how accurate it is, how many good and spam messages you receive, and how these numbers change over time.
- Turn off new-mail notification in your e-mail program, and let SpamSieve notify you only when you receive non-spam messages.
- The Corpus window and Log let you see how each spam message was caught.
- Unlike server-based spam filtering services, your mail data stays on your own Mac, so your privacy is preserved.
- SpamSieve supports AppleScript, so you can connect it to additional apps and fully integrate it into a custom workflow.